Drupal SEO - Search Engine Optimization
Drupal SEO Optimization is the process to make your site visible in the search engines, like google, yahoo or bing.
Of course it's important how your website looks to humans, but also is important that your site be readable by computers?
Taking some time to properly optimize your website will help improve your rankings on popular search engines like Google and Yahoo!
Drupal allows you to improve the SEO using existing modules and also in the theme of the website.
Some of the modules that are used for SEO are:
- path auto - automatically generates path aliases for various kinds of content (nodes, categories, users) without requiring the user to manually specify the path alias. These links are user friendly and loved by crawlers.
- nodewords - allows you to set some meta tags for each Drupal page.
- xmlsitemap - helps search engines to more intelligently crawl a website and keep their results up to date.
- path redirect - allows you to specify a redirect from one path to another path or an external URL
You can improve the SEO also by having a custom Drupal theme for your website.
There are some important rules that apply to a html page to be SEO friendly:
- Page title should contain primary keys.
- Clean URL that contains the title of the page.
- Each page should have only one <h1> html tag - with primary keywrods.
- Secondary keys should be enclosed in <h2> html tag.
- All <img> should have the alt attribute.
- and much more...
- I do not use SEO Black Hat.
Contact us for a quote if you want to review your site for SEO improvements.